Remove Search.iMesh.net virus. iMesh Search engine removal for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome
Computer users who found themselves in the jeopardy of recurrent browser redirects to Search.iMesh.net should review this guide to learn the general profile of the respective adware as well as a detailed step-by-step tutorial highlighting tips for removal of this infection and the related toolbar from the affected web browsers.
Legitimate software services that have earned an irreproachable reputation throughout the years that they have been around can at some point employ the techniques that add a fly in the ointment. For instance, iMesh is well-known peer-to-peer file sharing software providing its users with access to an enormous amount of multimedia content such as music and videos. While this sounds commendable, the shortcomings that accompany this software are extra components integrated in the browsers of those who downloaded and installed iMesh proper. The potentially unwanted browser helper objects such as iMesh Toolbar, iMesh Search-Results Toolbar or MediaBar turn one’s web surfing into a really unpleasant experience. Users get their custom browser settings, namely the homepage and search provider, automatically changed to Search.iMesh.net.
Unless the unwanted toolbar, which is labeled by many security software vendors as adware, is uninstalled for good, the above URL will be constantly resolved instead of the values actually chosen and preferred by the user. The problem consists in the fact that simply removing the iMesh app itself won’t help as the affiliated add-ons tend to persevere. Also, changing the modified browser settings manually is not going to address the problem in a long-term perspective because the distortion will keep occurring.
iMesh Toolbar, iMesh Search-Results Toolbar and MediaBar can be eliminated in a number of steps outlined in the cleanup part of this article. Before setting the correct homepage and search engine properties, it’s essential that the malicious components be completely removed otherwise the redirects to Search.iMesh.net will continue coming back.
Search.iMesh.net adware and iMesh Toolbar automatic removal
Elimination of Search.iMesh.net virus can be efficiently accomplished through the use of reliable security software. Sticking to the automatic cleanup technique ensures that all components of the adware get thoroughly wiped out from your system.
1. Download recommended security utility and get your PC checked for malicious objects by selecting the Start Computer Scan option
2. The scan will come up with a list of detected items. Click Fix Threats to get Search.iMesh.net removed from your system. Completing this phase of the cleanup process is most likely to lead to complete eradication of the infection. However, it might be a good idea to consider ascertaining the malware is gone for good.
Remove iMesh Toolbar using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel. On Windows XP / Windows 8, go to Add or Remove Programs. If your OS is Windows Vista / Windows 7, choose Uninstall a program
- Look for all apps associated with iMesh on the list (iMesh, Search-Results Toolbar, iMesh Toolbar, MediaBar) and click Remove option to get those exterminated
Remove Search.iMesh.net virus from Mozilla Firefox
1. Get rid of the trouble-making browser extension
- Click Tools in the upper section of your Firefox window and select Add-ons on the list
- Click the Extensions tab and search for entries affiliated with iMesh, e.g. Search-Results Toolbar. When spotted, select the Remove option
2. Restore the desired homepage
- Go to Tools and select Options…
- Navigate to General tab and click Restore to Default under Startup section of the interface
3. Delete Search.iMesh.net from search engines list
- In the field to the right of the address bar, click on the arrow pointing downwards
- Choose Manage Search Engines
- Click on the Web Search entry and select Remove
Remove Search.iMesh.net adware from Internet Explorer
1. Get rid of iMesh Toolbar
- Select Tools and click Manage Add-ons
- Proceed to Toolbars and Extensions, find MediaBar, Search-Results Toolbar or other software by iMesh. Disable the culprits
- Click Search Providers. Highlight Web Search item corresponding to iMesh and choose the Remove option
2. Set the right homepage
- Go to Tools and select Internet Options
- Proceed to the General tab. Click Use default or type the correct URL in the box
iMesh Search engine removal for Chrome
1. Uninstall iMesh Search-Results Toolbar
- Click on the Chrome menu icon in the top right-hand part of the Chrome window
- Go to Tools –> Extensions
- Locate the unwanted extension affiliated with iMesh adware
- When the malicious item is spotted, remove it by clicking on the trash bin icon next to it
2. Restore Chrome’s start page
- Again, click on the Chrome menu icon
- Select Settings
- Proceed to the section named On startup under Settings, select the radio button for Open a specific page or set of pages option and click on Set pages link link
- On the Startup pages screen that pops up, find the one that has iMesh in its URL and click X button to the right
- Select Manage search engines within the same interface
- Remove iMesh entry called Web Search by clicking on the X symbol next to it. Pick the search provider to be used by default
Recheck if Search.iMesh.net virus has been successfully removed
For certainty’s sake, it’s advised to repeatedly run a scan with the automatic security software in order to make sure no harmful remnants of this adware are left inside Windows Registry and other system locations